Lilypie First Birthday tickers
International Response Fund

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Creature Feature

I was going to toss something in the trash this afternoon and I saw something move around my kitchen windowsill, which sits above the sink. We had a visitor, a little, long, green, slimy visitor.



I shrieked, because to me, lizards, geckos, salamanders, (insert your choice word here) are nothing but snakes with legs. Rob came in there and said, "Aw he's just a gecko, he won't hurt you." Then he proceeded to get Doodle (our cat) so that she could see it. Finally, Rob took the thermometer and took the lizard outside so that it could go about its business.

I figured it came in on a potted mum that I brought in last night to water. Yes, you read that right, that varmint had been in my house since last night. SHEESH....it just makes my skin crawl all over!

3 comments:

Katie said...

He was just trying to remind you of the money you could be saving....

Yeah, that was lame. :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

We have those ALL OVER the (outside of) our house. Occasionally they get in, and usually they die inside and I don't even find them until they've been dead a while. Ugh. SHUDDER MUCH?

brightleigh said...

I just can't believe he survived a night in the house with 3 cats!