Lilypie First Birthday tickers
International Response Fund

Thursday, March 3, 2011

35 Weeks....

This pregnancy has gone so fast this time.  I sent Rob an email this week and told him that we were starting to 'hatch' at school.  I say that because last week there were 6 teachers at our school who were pregnant.  One had her baby on Tuesday and she was due March 10.  Mrs. G. is due on March 6, I am scheduled on March 31 (my actual due date was April 3), we have another teacher due the first week in May, and one due in June, and one in August.  Mrs. C. started off this fertile period in October when she had her baby.  Needless to say, this school year has been most interesting with all these co-workers being able to go through pregnancy together.  It has been eye opening watching the "first-timers" go through it along with me.  Sometimes they have come to ask me questions about their experiences and it is great to be able to commiserate and rejoice with one another. 

This baby girl has gotten bigger and stronger in recent weeks.  Last night, I tried laying on my right side for a while and she did NOT like it at all.  She kicked and rolled across my belly several times, so I moved to make her happy, because I was starting to feel like a dirty rug that was being beat.  I have started to have some aching in my pelvic area when I sit for long periods as well as some pressure.  She is pushing on the internal wall of my stomach ALOT and causing me to have some significant Braxton Hicks contractions.

We got a new carseat and stroller this past weekend.  My friends at church also threw me a "sprinkle."  I wouldn't let them call it a shower, because I didn't feel I needed that much.  Apparently several church members thought differently and blessed us with a lot of pink stuff!

We are looking forward to doing more baby stuff this weekend.  The bassinet and the swing are coming down from the attic and we are going to be working on cleaning off the desk in the front bedroom so that we can get the crib down.  Now if I can only get this laundry pile to shrink....yeah, right!

4 comments:

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

"Sprinkle" ... love it!

Julie F. said...

You were "sprinkled" with lots of ADORABLE pink! YEAH PINK!

chic Gucci shirts said...

wish you !

Moreton Island Accommodation said...

The blog is in reality the great on this worthy subject. I match in together with your conclusions and looking forward to your coming updates. Just saying thanks will not just be enough, for the fantastic clarity inside your writing. I put a link to your blog at my site, hope you don't mind?