Lilypie First Birthday tickers
International Response Fund

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Smoky Summer Nights?

Air quality here is very poor right now. Rob called this afternoon and wanted to know if it was smoky in Snow Hill. I had not been outside but it did not look smoky--just hazy from the heat. I left school today at 4:00 and it was beginning to get smoky and it definitely smelled smoky. The closer I got to Greenville, the denser the smoke got. I had to hurry and get home because we keep a couple of windows cracked and we did not want the smoke seeping in. Here are some pictures down our street from about 4:45 this afternoon.














You may know that this smoke is coming from the wildfire in Hyde, Tyrell, and Washington counties that was started by lightning. It looks like a foggy morning. It is really bad when smoke enters the weather forecast. Looks like we will have to be getting out Seth' s albuterol.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Everything smells like smoke. My hair, my clothes, my house... ugh. I will be happy when the wind shifts. Oh, and I posted some pictures for you. :)

Patrice said...

It was even smokey in Greensboro one day last week. We came out of school and it was hazy and smelly. IN GREENSBORO! I couldn't believe it. I thought of you guys and thought about how crappy it must be. I hope things are better now and that Seth's asthma is okay.