Lilypie First Birthday tickers
International Response Fund

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Eye Update

I had another eye appointment today. After three weeks, my left eye has improved from 20/40 to 20/25. My right eye is still 20/20. Before my surgery, my right eye was 20/250 and my left eye was 20/counting fingers (meaning I could not see beyond my fingers). Needless to say, I am very pleased with the healing thus far and the doctor seems to think I will continue to improve. It is still very weird to wake up in the morning and not reach for my glasses--sometimes I still do out of habit! I have to return to the doctor in three weeks for another check.



I want to ask a favor of anyone who reads this blog. Please pray for Lacey Jones. Lacey is a 6th grader at my school. She has not been to school this year because she has been so sick with cancer. She has been stricken with cancer for a while, and has been through some really tough times during the past year and a half. Recently, her brain tumor reemerged and her doctors at Duke stopped her chemo. They don't paint a pretty picture for her future. She is confined to a wheel chair, does not have very much use of her arms, and is scared to go to sleep at night because she is scared she won't wake up. Please pray for this little girl. Some relatives have done a website for her, you can read her story here: http://www.prayforlacey.org/.

No comments: