Lilypie First Birthday tickers
International Response Fund

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fall Allergy Season and Flu Shots

CONGRATULATIONS TO BRANDON AND JULIE!
CONGRATULATIONS TO MATT AND PATRICE!
GET READY FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!

Fall allergy season is upon us, and what can we say, except to break out the inhaler! Yes, I have made the seasonal trip to the pharmacy to purchase my in-between-season staples, Claritin, Advil Cold and Sinus, and Tylenol Nighttime Sinus. We have also obtained new containers of Albuterol and Clarinex for Seth. It seems his "aggravated airway" has already been aggravated this year. It started with a runny nose and has now developed into a cough. I have gone from not knowing a lot about a child with asthma to actually knowing alot. Seth has not actually been diagnosed, but we continue to take preventative measures with his condition.

Seth and I both got flu shots today. Rob got his last week. I am fortunate in that our school system offers them free to employees. Unfortunately for Seth, he and I had to go and stand in line at the pediatric flu clinic. This is not fun for an almost 2 year old who weighs in excess of 30 pounds. We had to wait in a line of about 50-75 people (inlcuding other toddlers and school age kids) for about 30 minutes. I realize that this is not a terrible amount of time to wait, but it feels like 3 hours when you have a toddler. Seth does not like to hold our hands--we continue to work on that--so I had to hold him most of the time. Needless to say, I will probably not be able to move my arms tomorrow considering I got the flu shot and I had to hold him for so long. In the end, Seth was a trooper and hardly cried when he got the shot. He wouldn't have anything to do with the band-aid either. Hopefully our measures to keep us from getting sick will prove successful.

No comments: